Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Note to self: It's not possible to participate in a gingerbread house making party without eating candy. LOTS of candy. And so many colorful, flavorful, delicious varieties of candy! YUM! Thank heavens Christmas comes only once a year. But why oh why does the feasting last for over two weeks??? Lack of self control. That's why.

I simply can't resist.

I had all the best intentions of being good. I ate a healthy breakfast, went for a 31 mile ride, lifted weights and did sit ups, and then ate a home-cooked delicious meal. When we left for the "party" I started chewing gum, thinking that if I kept my mouth occupied I could keep the candy out.

NOT!

Once the teeniest bit of frosting got on my fingers, before I could even think about it and stop myself, I licked it off... and it was all over. What the heck! I tasted frosting! Might as well eat candy! Out goes the gum. In goes the tootsie rolls, skittles, licorice, nerds, kisses and anything else within reach. Way more got in my mouth than on my gingerbread tree.

I should've just melted all the candy and smeared it on my butt... 'cuz that's where it's going to wind up anyway...

1 comment:

  1. ROFLMFAO!!!!!!! Guess I should just smear my butt with fried tofu and peanut sauce.

    ReplyDelete