Monday, January 10, 2011

I hate shopping. My entire life I've never been much of a girly-girl when it comes to shopping, mostly because I have zero fashion sense; but also because whenever I'm around clothing shops I think to myself, "I should wait until I'm thinner." Which I never seem to be... So all the new clothes I've worn in the last few years were gifts from my mall-loving husband or his shopaholic mother (both of whom I appreciate greatly).

So I've been hoarding birthday and Christmas money for the last decade or so. Today, when I fished around in my underwear drawer to find the hidden envelope, I realized I had just a tad over $1,000. So I went to the mall. Fluffy or not.

Buying pants is off limits when feeling fluffy... But I do desperately need more tops; so I literally tried on about 25 items - most of which I hated, of course. "Makes me look fat." "Makes my boobs look too big." Blah blah blah. But I did actually find FOUR - yes, FOUR shirts I actually, truly, whole-heartedly liked, and thought (and I could be wrong) they looked good on me.

So I BOUGHT ALL FOUR. And WOW! I spent a grand total of $41.36! HOW INCREDIBLY AWESOME ARE POST-SEASON SALES??? HOO-RAH FOR J.C. PENNEY! I just might have to go back to the mall and scour the sale racks at Dillards...

No comments:

Post a Comment