Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm still here!!! I didn't disappear! I certainly didn't get any skinnier either...

I've been on the road since January 18th - eating out (and yes, that typically includes dessert) and not getting any exercise at all. BAD. Very, very bad.

The other night I was laying in bed at a hotel in Kissimmee, Florida, once again having avoided the "fitness center," flipping channels, when BOOM! There it was! The miracle program! A way to get ripped abs, firm butt, toned thighs, sexy biceps - all in one 60 day program! No, NOT Zumba! But I had you there for a second, didn't I???

Did you really think for even ONE SECOND that at home, or on the road, I could get my man's man husband to do Zumba with me in front of the television? OK, it's an amusing thought... but ain't gonna happen. Not a chance.

But this... OH YES!!! THE INSANITY CHALLENGE!!! I was captivated! I was excited! I was motivated! But NO, of course I didn't "call in the next 15 minutes to take advantage of this one-time offer, free shipping, four easy payments of $39.99 and money back guarantee."

But I did think about it. And I thought about it the next day. And a little bit the next day too. And then I surfed the internet and reads lots of fun and interesting reviews about it. And then I looked on ebay. But the truth is, there are lots of doofuses on ebay who just love to pay full retail on ebay PLUS $15 shipping, so I passed on the auctions. It no longer tempts me to sit there counting down the minutes, entering my bid and waiting, waiting, waiting until 5 seconds to go and POW! Scoop someone out of their dream possession.

Nope. I went to straight to craigslist and found someone in the San Fernando Valley (which is not too far from where I am now) who got two Insanity Workouts for her birthday and was willing to part with one, new and sealed in the original package, for a little more than half price. And, she's willing to deliver it. Perfect.

Now I don't have to worry about what I eat for the remainder of this road trip. 'Cuz when I get home Monday, I'm going to start and commit to the Insanity Challenge: 60 days of intense workout. And I'm even going to take a "before" picture of myself in a (gasp) bathing suit; so when I'm ripped and lean and gorgeous I'll take an "after" picture and send it to Beach Bodies and get a free t-shirt.

YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment