Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Insanity Workout - Day #1

I got on the scale yesterday after having been out of town for the past two weeks. Back to square one. I completely sabotaged myself with poor eating, lots of sweets, and very little exercise that entire time.

I got on my bike twice during our Planet Ultra King of the Mountains Training Camp. Friday I rode up a hill I've done countless times over the many years I've been cycling. No joke: I struggled up it like it was the very first time. I could barely turn the pedals on the steepest part. Crap. Very discouraging. But slightly motivating too. Realizing how out-of-shape I am made me want to get serious again about my fitness. So Saturday I was excited to ride, thinking "day two - go go go." Well I got about 15 miles, mostly downhill, when my rear derailleur cable broke. Ride over. I had to call Brian to come pick me up; and I sat on the side of the road shivering for about 45 minutes. Bummer. With the bike out of commission, I actually dragged my fat #$@ down to the hotel gym Sunday morning and did the eliptical trainer for 40 minutes then the treadmill for 10. Felt good. Great tunes on the Ipod Shuffle helps.

Sunday I took possession of my 1/2 price on craigslist, new in box, Insanity workout dvds - and spent most of the six plus hour drive from So Cal home thinking about how the heck I'm going to motivate myself to get back in shape. Yesterday, I THOUGHT about starting the workout; but went for a walk outside instead. I did open the box, look at the brochures, charts and other interesting included information and decide that I'd do everything in my power to make sure Tonia was WRONG when she told me I'd never stick with the workout. Starting tomorrow. Which is today...

So... INSANITY WORKOUT - Day #1: Fit Test.
Egads. I'm terribly UN-fit. That was freakin' HARD!!! I know this isn't going to mean anything to you, but here's how I fared in the test:
Switch Kicks - 20
Power Jacks - 38
Power Knees - 59
Power Jumps - 20
Globe Jumps - 4
Suicide Jumps - 8
Push-Up Jacks - 10
Low Plank Oblique - 26

I'm supposed to do the fit test every 2 weeks. I'll put the results up so you can see how I do. Honestly, I'm not planning on making myself to the workout every day for 60 days. That's not realistic given our travel schedule and everything else we've got going on. But I'm going to do it as often as possible and complete the entire workout series in the order suggested. To help accomplish this goal, I'm going to get up earlier than I have been getting up and workout first thing in the morning. Once my day gets going I'm not good at exercising. So that's the plan. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. So, Tonia... pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffft (that's me sticking my tongue out at you and making a silly noise)!

3 comments:

  1. Suicide jumps? That doesn't even sound fun. They should call them "Chocolate Chip Cookie jumps" and then I'd be good at them!

    ReplyDelete