Friday, February 4, 2011

I slept in my magic pants... And still woke up completely wrecked! No joke, I limped to the bathroom and had to put my hands on the seat to help myself sit down. Yep. Feeling those calves and quads. You'd think I ran a marathon or something. Geez.

I'm feeling a little better this evening after a 14 mile, pretty flat bike ride. Yes, the temperature rose above freezing today - and it was nice to get outside. I had to force myself though. I really wanted to just lay in bed moaning and groaning about over doing my Insanity workout yesterday. But I knew that if I didn't at least do some exercise - warm up the muscles, get the blood flowing, spin out the lactic acid buildup, and then stretch it out - I'd probably be in way worse shape tomorrow. So I'm proud of myself for getting out there; because I DO feel better. I'm going to ride again tomorrow and save the Insanity #3 for Sunday. In spite all the pain, I AM going to complete the Insanity Challenge. No matter how long it takes. Because I want to be fit. And ripped. Like the pretty people in the infomercial.

On top of all that, it has been a very stressful couple of days, and it's all I can do to not run out for a bag of oreos and eat the whole thing and wash it down with some ice cream and cake. Good thing my legs are too tired to "run" out even as far as the car. Getting in and out of the car is hard right now. So my waistline is benefiting. Good thing too. Binging makes me feel guilty. Guilt and stress don't go so well together, do they???

Reason wins!

2 comments:

  1. I saw you and Brian riding today as Kerry and I were headed home to do a short 18 miler. I'm so out of shape that I started huffing just watching you and Brian ride. Once I hit the bike, I realized I should probably be doing your insanity workout!

    ReplyDelete