Thursday, February 3, 2011

Insanity Workout #2

Holy Schmoley! INSANITY is really, and I mean REALLY an accurate assessment of the nature of these workout DVDs. Seriously! When I woke up this morning I was SORE from the fit test! My calves and hamstrings were worked!

OK, I'm supposed to dig deep, to fight through the pain... So I pop in DVD #2, the "plyometric cardio circuit."

YOWZA!!! 45 minutes of heart pounding, calf burning, quad aching, ab squeezing HELL! Dang! That was so so so HARD! But I did it. I felt a bit light-headed and nauseous when it was over. But I did it! Workout #2 done!

The Insanity Workout is supposed to be completed in 60 days straight with one rest day a week. I can say definitively, right now, there's not a chance in hell that I'm physically fit or strong enough to do that. I'm barely going to be able to walk tomorrow... unless my magic pants (which, yes, I'm wearing NOW) pull off a miracle and heal my weak calves before morning.

So we'll see how tomorrow goes. I might have to wait a day or two to tackle "cardio power & resistance." I'm going to be realistic about it and be careful not to injure myself. Anyway, tomorrow it's supposed to warm up and I'll go for a ride outside.

I've been very, very good, food-wise. All week I've had oatmeal with berries and bananas for breakfast, and kept fueled throughout the day with small meals of fruit or light cheese and crackers every few hours until dinner, which I've been super good about eating a reasonable portion. I'm using a small salad plate and filling that up so it LOOKS like a lot of food on the plate. And no seconds. That's hard. Especially if it's something really yummy.

I feel like I'm on track again. Let's see if I can stick with it.

Anyone up to join me for the Insanity workouts???

3 comments:

  1. PS to this post:
    I can barely walk right now.
    My calves and quads are TOAST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. careful of your quads and hamstrings so you don't trash your knees. seriously.

    ReplyDelete