Tuesday, February 22, 2011

We're finally home after 11 days on the road. Dang! That felt like 11 months! What a crazy trip! I'm absolutely exhausted! But at least I didn't gain weight. I didn't lose any either... But considering how hard it is to eat well while you're traveling - especially in San Antonio, Texas, where in spite of our efforts we didn't find a single decent eating establishment - staying the same is fine.

Thank heavens for the Insanity Workout. Yes! I really did take the DVDs with me. And no, they didn't sit idle in my computer bag on the couch the entire time... I actually did four workouts at super high intensity, grunting and sweating and pushing myself to the point of nausea. It's hard to motivate sometimes. But MAN oh MAN, I'm seeing progress. My abs, glutes, quads, calves, shoulders, biceps and triceps are getting strong and defined. Of course, it's hard to see that under all this fluff... But once the fat goes, you'll see. Muscles of steal. I'm not joking!

I guess they mean it when they say you have to do the workouts AND eat a healthy, lower calorie diet if you want to see the best results. DARN! For me, it's easier to work myself to exhaustion than it is to step away from the cupcakes.

Speaking of cupcakes, Saturday Lynn, the originator of the idea to replace "fat" for "fluff," brought me red velvet cupcakes and orange cranberry scones. SABOTEUR!!! Lynn makes the BEST baked goodies. Those cupcakes ROCKED! Tell me you wouldn't drool over a red velvet cupcake with mini chocolate chips baked in! Heaven on Earth! I ate two and gave the others to Brian. But I didn't share either of the two scones, which are better than the best scones you ever had. Softer and yummier. Perfection! I ate all the treats that night! That way I only had to feel guilty once, and promise myself to get back on track the next day.

But the truth is, I didn't feel guilty. Not for one second.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the event. Keep fighting the fluff, it will be worth it in the end. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete