Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm finally feeling like I'm getting back in shape. I went for a nice ride today, and noticed increased quad strength gained, no doubt, from the Insanity workouts. Feeling fit makes me feel like eating well, controlling my portions, and staying on track. So I'm very motivated at the moment.

I say "at the moment" because we're heading out on the road again tomorrow. I'm chip timing a 5k race in So Cal on Sunday morning, then joining Brian in San Antonio Sunday night for the Running USA Conference where we hope to bag some BIG clients... We return to So Cal Wednesday, pack and shop for our first Planet Ultra double of the season on Thursday, then host the event, also in So Cal, on Saturday. We'll likely drive home a week from Sunday.

During those ten days of traveling, meals are going to be a challenge. Eating in restaurants means I have to do one of three things:
1. Convince Brian to share (rarely happens)
2. Leave lots of food on the plate (makes me wonder about starving children in ...???)
3. Eat too much and sabotage the success of the last few weeks.

I'm hoping for #1 - but it's only a glimmer of hope.

The next issue is exercise. I'm bringing my laptop and my Insanity DVDs and plan to work out in the hotel room every morning. PLAN is the key word. It's going to take a huge amount of will power; and I'm starting NOW to summon that up...

When we're in So Cal I'll have a bike with me; and will hopefully squeeze in a ride this Friday, and maybe a week from Thursday, Friday and maybe Sunday. We'll see. I'll let you know how that goes...

In the meantime, I now have to pack (again). I'm making a super healthy and delicious home cooked meal tonight. It's going to be the last one for awhile - so I'll savor ever bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment